Louisiana State University
School of Library and Information Science
LIS 7008 - Information Technologies and Systems
Spring 2017 - Section 01
This page contains instructional resources for the students in section 01 of LIS 7008.
Information may change until the course begins.
*Note: This is a Web-based course. The class do not meet at a specific time.
| Section || Days || Time (P.M.) || Classroom
| 01 || W || 11:00AM* ||Moodle3
Course materials of a class session will be posted and finalized before 11:00AM Wednesdays, and homework assignments are due before 11:00AM next class
unless specified otherwise on the Syllabus page.
This is a core course of the MLIS program; it aims to fill
American Library Association's technological requirements on information professionals and
to lay a technological foundation to many advanced courses at SLIS. Therefore its content is extensive.
If you need to improve your information technology skills (such as MS-Access, Dreamweaver, Intro to Programming, Web Development),
please check out video-based tutorials at Lynda Campus.
- Course Description
- A description of course goals, instructional staff and their
office hours, classroom utilization, required and recommended
materials, and grading procedures for the course.
- An overview of the material to be covered in each
session and the reading and homework assignments. Links to the
slides presented in class each week are also included.
- Homework Assignments and Project Information
- Specific homework assignments and information about the class
project can be found here. Helpful hints in
response to common questions may also appear here from time to time,
so it is worth checking back occassionally.
- Spring 2017 Projects
- Links to the student projects from this semester.
- LSU SLIS Previous Projects
- Projects completed by LSU SLIS students in previous semesters are posted here.
- Projects completed by UMCP iSchool students in previous semesters are posted here.